Over here, we LOVE avocados, and they are definitely considered a super-food! Yet to love something – is to know it inside and out…so let’s get you learning how to love this super-food!
Benefits of Avocado
1) Avocado is high in healthy fat, meaning it is not the fat that will sit on your body during bikini season. This fat travels easily through your body giving it the nutrients it needs, without the added weight gain. In fact, the healthy omega-3 fat found in avocado can actually help you to shed the extra pounds, when combined with other healthy foods!
2) The average avocado contains 160 calories, 2 grams of protein, 15 grams of fat, and loads of vitamins. This means it nourishes your entire system with all the macro-nutrients your body craves!
3) Avocados provide the same vitamins and nutrients for your hair as they do for your body; chop and blend it into your next hair mask for some major smoothing power and glossiness for your mane.
4) They are filled with carotenoids, which help prevent eye diseases, so you can keep your eyes sharp and focused by keeping this fruit in your diet.
5) Avocados offer UNLIMITED recipes; guacamole, avocado and egg toast, green smoothies and even pudding!
6) They can be the perfect base for your next chocolate cake (yes, this is a real thing). It keeps the chocolate rich and creamy, and the flavour oh-so-delicious!
7) You can slather one on your face for some major moisturizing! Leave on for 10-15 minutes to get a major facial treatment.
8) This fruit can help aid in weight loss; with 3.4 grams of fiber per avocado, your body uses fiber to slow the breakdown of carbs, which keeps your digestion running smooth and quick. The fiber also keeps you feeling fuller for longer, so you are less likely to reach for a bad snack!
9) Putting on some avocado before you hit the sunshine will benefit you later, as avocados are proven to be all-natural sunscreens!
10) Avocados do not require pesticides because they have such a thick skin; so you know you are never ingesting any harmful chemicals while you’re enjoying this fruit!
Overall, adding avocados to your daily life will improve your health and beauty. From the inside to the outside, avocados provide you what you need to lose weight, look great, and be content with the food you are putting into your body.